Sunday, January 27, 2013

Getting to Know Me Post 2

Have you ever had something happen to you that you thought was bad but it turned out to be for the best? 

I am a teacher and I had worked at the same school for 12 years when it was decided that I would split my time between two schools each day/week.  Working at a different size school and for different leaders has really been eye opening for me - even if I always feel torn between the two campuses.

What was one of the best parties you’ve ever been to?

I am not a big party person.  I would rather have a few friends over for dinner and just hang out and talk and play games.  We like board games, card games, dice, etc.

What was the last movie, TV show or book that made you cry or tear up?

I am not a big movie person and even though I love to read I haven't read many books lately.  However, I cry very, very easily so even a sappy commercial can make me tear up.  Blog posts, books, etc. I'm always crying!

What’s the hardest thing you’ve ever done?

I lost both of my parents in a two year span.  My dad passed away on June 3, 2010 and my mom passed away May 31, 2012.  Dealing with everything that comes with that has been very difficult.  I was their only child so all arrangements fell to me.  I am so grateful for my husband and his family.  They were there for me during it all.

What was the last experience that made you a stronger person?

See above.  Also, getting married young, having a baby and putting myself through college all at the same time.

What did you do growing up that got you into trouble?

I was really a good kid.  I made decent grades, I never snuck out, I had a part time job.  I like to think that I didn't stress my parents out too much!

What do you miss most about being a kid?

Freedom from being in charge.  As much as my Type A personality dictates that I be in charge, I am tired of always being the one to make the decisions and worry if things are going to work out.

What is your first memory of being really excited?

What was the first thing you bought with your own money?

I remember paying half for lots of things when I was a kid.  My dad didn't believe in over spending on things so I would pay for half of the expensive Nikes I wanted or for half of a new pair of Guess! jeans.  (Now, I've totally dated myself! LOL)

As an adult, I remember being so proud when we paid off our first car and we received the title in the mail.

When was the last time you were nervous?

Last week I was driving home late and it was very foggy.  I don't mind driving at night but I HATE fog!

What is something you learned in the last week?

I went to a training about analyzing data and learned how to use our data collection system and how to put that data into Excel. 

What story does your family always tell about you?

My dad always told this story about taking me to Red Lobster when I was 5.  The waitress asked my dad what I wanted to eat and he told her to ask me,  I ordered broiled lobster with drawn butter.  The waitress turned to my dad and said something like, "What do you really want me to order for her?"  His response was, "You heard her, lobster with drawn butter."

At what age did you become an adult?

I don't think that I truly felt like an adult until I had to make decisions about my parents' health care and then later making funeral arrangements for them.

1 comment:

Doing My Best said...

It's so fun to get to know you better =)!

I'm so sorry about the loss of your parents =(.